Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you've never tried zucchini have it stuffed the first time, and you'll want to have it often
Make and share this Stuffed Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- 3 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, cooked
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook zucchini in boiling salted water 10 minutes.
- Cut in halves and scoop out centers.
- Saute Onion, Garlic and tomato for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix pulp with remaining ingredients.
- Fill zucchini.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese last 5 minutes until slightly browned.
I've tried a lot of recipes for stuffed zucchini and this is the best by far. Hubby raved about it. I cooked by zucchini in the microwave though and added a bit of parmeasan to the stuffing plus sprinkling the top.
Excellent recipe. Have a lot of zucchini coming out of the garden and used this recipe today, both hubby and I enjoyed it very much, will use this recipe again, very soon!
This recipe is really really good, and very easy. We have been given so many zucchini from friends gardens, and I am always in search of new recipes. I used a can of diced tomatoes ( allready flavored with basil, garlic, and oregano ) and it worked great. The flavor was delicious. I served with more parmesan cheese. ( Personal preference ) Thanks for an easy, and very tasty recipe.