Shannon in VA's Note:
Wonderful "meatless" entree. I served it with steamed Broccoli, Avocado and Mandarine Orange Salad and white dinner rolls. Very tasty
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large yellow bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 whole jalapenos, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- chili powder
- hot pepper sauce (I prefer Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- 1Pre-heat Oven 400 degrees F.
- 2Slice tops off peppers and remove the seeds.
- 3Place peppers in large pot of boiling water, return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes.
- 4In med.
- 5skillet heat oil over med heat.
- 6Add black beans, corn, onion and spices.
- 7Saute 3 min.
- 8Add jalapenos saute until heated through Add cooked rice, (add more oil if mixture gets to dry) saute stirring 4 min.
- 9Stir in half of the pepper jack, stirring constantly, until just melted.
- 10Fill peppers with rice mixture, place peppers in casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining pepper jack.
- 11Bake uncovered 10 minutes at 400.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Yellow Bells
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 121.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 17.4 g