Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful "meatless" entree. I served it with steamed Broccoli, Avocado and Mandarine Orange Salad and white dinner rolls. Very tasty
- 4 large yellow bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 whole jalapenos, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- chili powder
- hot pepper sauce (I prefer Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- Pre-heat Oven 400 degrees F.
- Slice tops off peppers and remove the seeds.
- Place peppers in large pot of boiling water, return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes.
- In med.
- skillet heat oil over med heat.
- Add black beans, corn, onion and spices.
- Saute 3 min.
- Add jalapenos saute until heated through Add cooked rice, (add more oil if mixture gets to dry) saute stirring 4 min.
- Stir in half of the pepper jack, stirring constantly, until just melted.
- Fill peppers with rice mixture, place peppers in casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining pepper jack.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes at 400.