- 1 duck
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄4 medium onion
- 1⁄4 medium orange
- 1⁄4 medium apple
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices salt pork, thin sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak duck in cold water with juice of 1 lemon for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper inside and out.
- Fill cavity with celery, onion, orange, apple and Worcestershire.
- Lay strip of salt meat over bird, secure with toothpicks.
- Place in heavy Dutch oven with 1 inch water in bottom.
- Bake covered at 325 for 1 hour, or until very tender.
- Baste often.
- Before serving remove salt meat; brown by removing cover and basting.