Recipe by islandgirl77551
This is a meal for the kiddies, something my mom used to make. It's a good way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. My son was skeptical,but after trying them,decided that they were pretty good.
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this 5 stars. My grammy used to make these. She would add chopped chives to the potatoes and top with american cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350. Thanks for posting a yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil wieners until cooked.
- Let cool slightly or hold with tongs and cut a lengthwise slit 3/4 of the way through.
- Place wieners in a baking dish.
- Gently open the slit and spoon in heated mashed potatoes.
- Top with shredded cheddar and heat in microwave or under broiler just until cheese melts.