Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Stuffed Grape Leaves with Wild Rice and Lamb
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 teaspoons dried mint (divided)
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 30 large grape leaves, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Combine Yogurt, 2 tsps mint and lemon rind in small bowl; stir well.
- Cover and chill.
- Remove stems from Grape leaves.
- Rinse Grape Leaves, drain well, pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat Olive Oil in large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute' onions for 10 minutes.
- Add Garlic and cook for additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining mint, 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, Rice, Pine Nuts, Salt Substitute, Lamb and Chick Peas.
- Spoon even amounts of mixture onto each grape leaf and roll.
- Place stuffed grape leaves, seam side down, in a 13"x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with yougurt mixture.