Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes a great summer side dish for any BBQ.
- 4 medium vidalia onions (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup dices sweet red pepper
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash hot sauce
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- paprika, fresh parsley sprigs
- Peel onions and cut a slice from top and bottom; chop slices and set aside.
- Cook onions in boiling water 15-20 minutes till tender but not mushy.
- Remove center of onion, leave shells intact; reserve onion centers for another use.
- Set aside shells.
- Heat Italian dressing in medium pan add chopped onion and red pepper, and zucchini, and cook till tender, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in breadcrumbs and next 4 ingredients.
- Fill each onion shell with 1/2 cup of mixture; place filled shells in 8 inch square dish sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Cover and bake 350F for 20 minutes.
- uncover and bake another 5 minutes.