5 hrs 20 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is an updated version of my old recipe using ziplock bag and precooked bacon bits or pieces. The tenderness of the meat is because milk is used.This can be used with beef or buffalo also.
My Private Note
chops o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 venison chops, with back bone or 8 venison, boneless steaks 3/4 inches thick
- 354.88 ml milk
- 14.79 ml mccormick all seasoning
- 6 slice bacon or 354.88 ml bacon, precooked pieces and bits
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml green pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 59.14 ml flour or 59.14 ml rice flour
- salt and pepper
- 1Place milk in a gallon ziplock bag.
- 2Place All seasoning in the bag.
- 3Shake until seasoning starts to mix.
- 4Add the chops or steaks.You may use boneless back strap steaks also, ingredient reader didn't like the words.
- 5Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 6Drain in colander. Reserve the milk marinate.
- 7Add olive oil if using Hormel cooked bacon pieces and bits.
- 8Do not use olive oil if using bacon slices.
- 9In large deep frying pan add the bacon of your choice with or without oil.
- 10Add the diced green pepper. Sauté until tender crisp and the bacon is browned and slightly crisp.
- 11With slotted spoon, take out the cooked green peppers and bacon. If whole slices, cut in small pieces.
- 12Place in a bowl.
- 13Take a sharp knife and cut a pocket on the entire one side of the chop or steak.
- 14Stuff each chop or steak with bacon and green pepper.
- 15Close with one or two toothpicks stabbed at an angle.
- 16Brown in the olive oil or the bacon drippings. Do not overcook. Flip only once.
- 17Place on a platter in the oven on warm.
- 18Add the cold water and whisk in the flour to the oil or bacon drippings, add the reserved milk. Cook on low and whisking or stirring. Add a little more flour if you want the gravy a little thicker. Whisk to get rid of any lumps.
- 19Add salt and pepper if desired.
- 20Serve the gravy over the chops or steaks with hot buttered biscuits.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Venison Chops or Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.6
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 330.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: