Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe whips up in no time. They freeze very well. The recipe comes from Light & Tasty Magazine.
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; Drain Shells.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, broccoli, mozzarella cheese, egg whites and seasonings; mix well.
- Spread half of the jar of spaghetti sauce into a 13-inch x 9-inch 2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stuff shells with ricotta mixture; arrange in pan over spaghetti sauce, pour remaining Spaghetti sauce over top of the pasta shells.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese& bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Easy to make, and in our regular family rotation now.
Easy, easy, easy! I only made 19 shells since that was all that would fit into the dish. I used fat-free ricotta and eyeballed the parmesan. The taste was great and no one would guess how easy it is! Thanks.
This turned out real yummy! I used whole eggs instead of egg whites(being lazy), otherwise, followed it exactly. Very nice flavor, and I thought there wouldn't be enough sauce, but there was. I served this with a nice salad. Thanks Barb!