Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A pure delicacy of veal scallopine stuffed with prosciutto and mozzarella in a delicate Marsala wine sauce! Easy to make with make-ahead directions! Fantastic for company! :)
- Pound each veal cutlet between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap to 1/8-1/4" thickness. (Very thin.).
- Place prosciutto slices on top of each cutlet.
- Top each with mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up each cutlet and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- *These can be refrigerated up to 8 hours if you want to do this ahead of time for company.
- In large skillet. melt butter over med-high heat.
- Add veal rolls and cook, turning frequently to brown on all sides.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover skillet and cook 10 minutes or til veal is fork tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer rolls to a serving platter, removing toothpicks.
- Cover with foil and place in warm oven to keep hot.
- In small bowl, mix flour, pepper and water to make a smooth paste.
- Add flour mixture to drippings in skillet.
- Bring mixture to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes continually stirring.
- Add wine and simmer 1 minute longer.
- Remove veal rolls from oven, uncover, and pour sauce over veal rolls.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve veal rolls with poppy seed noodles if desired.
- Poppy Seed Noodles:.
- Cook an 8 oz. pkg. of egg noodles til done, drain.
- Toss noodles with 1/4 cup melted butter and 1 Tbl. poppy seeds.
- Veal and noodles make 4 servings.
Open the pearly gates, I'm in heaven here!!! This is top shelf WIldflour! I used a Dry Marsala and it was beyond what I expected! My guests were wowed with this one as was my DH and I. It will be made again and I may even try it with lamb or chicken. Thanks for sharing with us!