laurie156 lewis's Note:
This recipie is from Pol Martin's Modern American Cooking. My husband loves it. My neighbor seems to always "show up" when he smells us cooking, the aroma is wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1trim excess fat.
- 2Slice loins open lengthwise so that they can be stuffed.
- 3Drain mandarins and pour juice into small saucepan.
- 4Set fruit aside.
- 5Add honey and cook 15 minutes on high to thicken.
- 6Remove from stove and let cool.
- 7Heat butter in second saucepan.
- 8cook onions 2 minutes over medium heat.
- 9Add mushrooms and seasonings,cook 4 minutes over high heat.
- 10Remove from stove, stir in cheese and breadcrumbs.
- 11Spread stuffing on both sides of meat.
- 12Add a row of mandarin segments and close, secure with string.
- 13Brush loins with mandarin honey mixture.
- 14Place on hot grill and partially cover.
- 15cook 30 minutes turning often, baste occasionally with mandarine mixture.
- 16Heat reservd mandarine mixture with leftover segments in a small saucepan.
- 17Pour over loins before serving.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Veal
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.8
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 265.6 mg
- Sodium 343.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 62.4 g