Recipe by dicentra
This is from TOH. These look so pretty. These can be made ahead of time and baked at the last minute. This makes a TON!
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 1 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each turkey breast horizontally from the long side to within 1/2 inch of the opposite side. Open flat, cover with plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Remove plastic; top each with 1 t oil and 1 t basil. Layer with ham and cheese to 1 inch of the edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; tie with kitchen string or secure with toothpicks. Place in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and remaining olive oil and basil; spoon over the turkey.
- Bake at 325 for 75-90 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170.
- In a blender, combine the basil sauce ingredients; cover and process until blended. Cool turkey for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with basil sauce.