Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is tasty and yet good for you. I love summer squash. I adapted this but I can't remember where I found the recipe.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- Combine all loaf ingriedents.
- Place half in loaf pan.
- Steam vegetable for 5 minutes.
- Make a well in loaf and place vegetables, cheese and spices in well.
- Put rest of turkey mixture on top and seal edges to make sure cheese doesn't ooze out.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 1 hour.