Recipe by riffraff
This is my attempt at low carb. I add more than 1 pepper because I like it spicey. You can replace the pepper with 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped canned chilies or chopped canned chipotles en adobo or omit altogether. Top with salsa if desired.
Top Review by MARCIAC
I was looking for another good recipe with turkey, and found this, i made some changes due to my tastes, so I sauteed chopped onions, yellow peppers and diced green chili's mixed into the turkey then split as it said into 8 patties, layered swiss cheese on 4 and covered wtih the remaining patties. AND... to quote Guy, "this was off the hook!' cooked until done, lettuce and tomatoe on buns served with homemade french fries and coleslaw. THANKS! A keeper
- 1 large jalapeno
- 680.38 g ground turkey
- 4 slice muenster cheese
- 4-5 pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place jalapeno in cast iron skillet.
- Cook over low heat till skin is blisterd and blackened slightly.
- (10 or 15 minutes) Remove from skillet and let cool.
- Peel off skin and remove seeds (if you like heat leave them),.
- Coarsely chop.
- Divide turkey into 8 pieces.
- Gently press or pat to make rounds about 4 in in diameter.
- Layer cheese, pepper and olives on the 4 patties.
- Top with the remaining 4 patties.
- Pinch edges together to seal.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook until brown on first side, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook till browned, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to low and cook till meat is no longer pink but juicy, 6 to 8 minutes.