1/2 Photos of Stuffed Turkey Burgers
This is my attempt at low carb. I add more than 1 pepper because I like it spicey. You can replace the pepper with 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped canned chilies or chopped canned chipotles en adobo or omit altogether. Top with salsa if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place jalapeno in cast iron skillet.
- 2Cook over low heat till skin is blisterd and blackened slightly.
- 3(10 or 15 minutes) Remove from skillet and let cool.
- 4Peel off skin and remove seeds (if you like heat leave them),.
- 5Coarsely chop.
- 6Divide turkey into 8 pieces.
- 7Gently press or pat to make rounds about 4 in in diameter.
- 8Layer cheese, pepper and olives on the 4 patties.
- 9Top with the remaining 4 patties.
- 10Pinch edges together to seal.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 13Add patties and cook until brown on first side, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 14Flip and cook till browned, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- 15Reduce heat to low and cook till meat is no longer pink but juicy, 6 to 8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.1
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 161.3 mg
- Sodium 772.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives