1/4 Photos of Stuffed Turkey Breast With Cranberry Glaze
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Haven't tried this -- posted in response to a request -- but it sounds fabulous and fairly easy too. I clipped this out of the Food section in the Toronto Star newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups dry bread, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 skinless boneless turkey breast, weighing 2 to 3 lbs or 1 to 1-1/2 kg
- 1To make stuffing, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute the onion, celery and carrots for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- 2Add stock and seasonings; remove from heat.
- 3Mix in bread cubes and cool slightly.
- 4For glaze, mix all glaze ingredients in a medium-sized bowl; set aside 1/2 cup to serve, cold, with meal.
- 5To make turkey, preheat oven to 325F and lightly grease a baking dish or a small roasting pan.
- 6Place turkey breast on your cutting board and, holding a knife parallel to the board, slice meat through middle, leaving last inch intact.
- 7Open meat like a book and cover with plastic wrap; pound with a meat mallet to even thickness.
- 8Cover one side of meat with stuffing.
- 9Fold other side over and secure with toothpicks along the edges.
- 10Transfer to your baking dish and pour remaining cranberry glaze over.
- 11Bake, uncovered, for 60 to 90 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- 12Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Turkey Breast With Cranberry Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 192.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g