Recipe by Zanna_409104061
An Asian flavor that is very unique and delicious. This is one of those recipes that looks fancy but is actually quite easy to prepare. I used pre-bagged mixed greens, found near the bagged salads in the grocery store. You can make this in your broiler or on the grill!
- 1 1⁄2 cups mesclun or 1 1⁄2 cups other mixed greens, torn
- 2 (3/4 lb) tuna steaks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon any strong mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (or water)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat your grill or broiler.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the tuna and greens.
- Use a sharp, thin-bladed knife to make a small incision on any side of the tuna steak, creating a pocket, being careful not to cut through to the other side.
- You can also make a small cut and then either wiggle the knife around gently or just start slowly easing the inside apart to create a large pocket.
- Place the tuna in the soy mixture, covering each side.
- Remove tuna from liquid, letting excess sauce drip off.
- Toss the greens with the sauce, drenching it in the liquid.
- Stuff the tuna pocket with the greens and seal the opening with toothpicks.
- Grill or broil the tuna, turning once, about 5 minutes per inch of thickness, or however well-done you like your tuna.