Recipe by Karen From Colorado
I love to camp and fish in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. This is a very easy camp side fish recipe or can be prepared after you get home. You can also adapt this for the oven and for any other type of fish. Add or subtract ingredients for your own tastes. I have also used sunflower seeds and raisins for something different. My family loves this fish over a campfire. Clean up is
- 6 fresh trout
- 6 slices toasted bread, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter-flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- --If preparing for camping, package in advance--.
- Mix diced bread, parsley and spices in one sealable bag.
- Mix onions, pepper, celery,and garlic in another bag.
- --To prepare stuffing--.
- Combine diced bread, onions, peppers, celery, garlic and spices.
- Stir in melted butter or margarine.
- Fill each trout cavity with stuffing mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Spray pieces of heavy duty foil wrap with cooking spray.
- Wrap fish in the foil tightly.
- Bury in hot coals of your campfire or grill for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.