Recipe by Shahana
Boning the trout is not neccessary but makes it easier to eat, especially for elders and children. Be sure to get all those little pin bones.
- 2 (6 ounce) rainbow trout, whole approx. 6 oz each
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄8 cup cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Scale and remove bones from trout. Remove head and tail also if desired. Scrape some of the flesh off the skin and reserve.
- Cook and stir onions and celery in margarine until soft.
- Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, reserved fish, cilantro, lemon juice, basil and dill, mix well.
- Stuff each trout equal amounts of stuffing.
- Brush fish with milk or egg white and coat with cornstarch.
- Fry in medium-hot pan just until golden, turn and cook just until golden.
- Place on rack in shallow baking pan and bake uncovered at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.