Boning the trout is not neccessary but makes it easier to eat, especially for elders and children. Be sure to get all those little pin bones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) rainbow trout, whole approx. 6 oz each
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1Scale and remove bones from trout. Remove head and tail also if desired. Scrape some of the flesh off the skin and reserve.
- 2Cook and stir onions and celery in margarine until soft.
- 3Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, reserved fish, cilantro, lemon juice, basil and dill, mix well.
- 4Stuff each trout equal amounts of stuffing.
- 5Brush fish with milk or egg white and coat with cornstarch.
- 6Fry in medium-hot pan just until golden, turn and cook just until golden.
- 7Place on rack in shallow baking pan and bake uncovered at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Trout
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 117.1 mg
- Sodium 198.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 44.1 g