Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Perfect lunch or brunch dish to serve with a simple balsamic salad. Very fresh and flavorsome and gourmet like! This is very tasty and you can substitute the herb with tarragon or thyme
- 4 large firm tomatoes
- 8 ounces minced chicken
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1 ounce finely crumbed feta cheese
- Boil 1 cup of rice
- Meanwhile, cut the top (no more than a quarter) of the tomatoes off and scoop out the flesh and any juice - reserve in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, add 1/4 cup of the reserved tomato juices and add chicken, peppers and onions.
- Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through and veges are soft, stirring occasionally, do not let it dry out.
- Stir in the cooked rice, bullion, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and add water to prevent the mixture drying out.
- Place the tomato shells in an 8x8x2 baking dish.
- Spoon the rice/meat mixture into the tomato shells.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese on top.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until heated through.
I made this last night and it was awesome!! I followed the recipe almost to a "T" however, I added fresh chopped mushrooms and did not add the extra salt. I cannot wait for my tomotoes to ripen in the garden. This is going to be an awesome summer dish that I will make often! Thanks for the recipe!!
I was totally suprised at how good this recipe turned out... my family really enjoyed it. I will only add 1Tbls bouillion next time because I use bouillion paste and it was too much with 2 Tbls. The rosemary was perfect. I will make again next week... lots of tomatoes coming in from the garden.