1/1 Photo of Stuffed Tomatoes W Chicken and Feta Low Fat/Low Carb
Perfect lunch or brunch dish to serve with a simple balsamic salad. Very fresh and flavorsome and gourmet like! This is very tasty and you can substitute the herb with tarragon or thyme
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 1 cup of rice
- 2Meanwhile, cut the top (no more than a quarter) of the tomatoes off and scoop out the flesh and any juice - reserve in a bowl.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 4In a skillet, add 1/4 cup of the reserved tomato juices and add chicken, peppers and onions.
- 5Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through and veges are soft, stirring occasionally, do not let it dry out.
- 6Stir in the cooked rice, bullion, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- 7Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and add water to prevent the mixture drying out.
- 8Place the tomato shells in an 8x8x2 baking dish.
- 9Spoon the rice/meat mixture into the tomato shells.
- 10Sprinkle the feta cheese on top.
- 11Bake about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Tomatoes W Chicken and Feta Low Fat/Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 158.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 16.5 g