Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great recipe to use up all the leftover tomatoes from your summers crop. A nice change from the usual green pepper recipe. I am sure that you will enjoy!
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Cut off stem ends of tomatoes and reserve.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving flesh on walls and bottom; reserve pulp.
- For stuffing: Combine onion, avocado, garlic cheese, salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomato shells side by side in a casserole dish.
- Fill with stuffing.
- Replace stem ends.
- Puree reserved pulp.
- Stir in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and water: pour over tomatoes.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until done.
- Serve tomatoes with their sauce.
OH!!!! I love avocados and I never thought to add to stuffed Tomatoes! I will definately try this one. Thanks!
made these for my mother and she loveeed them!!! the only thing i did different was wrapped in foil and grilled