1 hr 15 mins
A great recipe to use up all the leftover tomatoes from your summers crop. A nice change from the usual green pepper recipe. I am sure that you will enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a shallow baking dish.
- 3Cut off stem ends of tomatoes and reserve.
- 4Scoop out pulp, leaving flesh on walls and bottom; reserve pulp.
- 5For stuffing: Combine onion, avocado, garlic cheese, salt and pepper.
- 6Arrange tomato shells side by side in a casserole dish.
- 7Fill with stuffing.
- 8Replace stem ends.
- 9Puree reserved pulp.
- 10Stir in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and water: pour over tomatoes.
- 11Bake for 50 minutes or until done.
- 12Serve tomatoes with their sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.5
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 226.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g