Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Woman's Day.
- 4 medium firm ripe tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
- Cut tops off tomatoes, save tops.
- Scoop out pulp and chop.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet; add carrots and onions and cook until onion is soft.
- Add tomato pulp and curry to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until liquid evaporates.
- Add spinach and stir until it is all wilted.
- Stir in raisins, nuts and salt; remove from heat.
- Spoon filling into tomato shells and replace tops.
- Place in baking dish; drizzle with remaining oil and bake for 10 minutes until hot.