Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My vegetarian friend enjoys this as an alternative to mushroom burgers when we grill out. They can be made on the grill or in the oven.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small zucchini or 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1⁄2 cup herbed croutons or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or heat grill to medium.
- Cut tomatoes in half, scoop out insides, reserving pulp and leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Rinse and chop pulp, setting aside.
- Lightly sprinkle shells with salt and lay upside down on paper towels to drain.
- Mix cheese, zucchini, croutons, basil, and pepper into pulp.
- Spoon into tomato shells.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in oven (until cheese is melted) or wrap in foil and grill about 10 minutes.
this was really good, but i think next time i will use a different hurb then basil,,,but that is just me i am not a huge fan of it other wise it was a great recipe and will be made alot thanks