Recipe by JenPo
My vegetarian friend enjoys this as an alternative to mushroom burgers when we grill out. They can be made on the grill or in the oven.
Top Review by kittycara
this was really good, but i think next time i will use a different hurb then basil,,,but that is just me i am not a huge fan of it other wise it was a great recipe and will be made alot thanks
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small zucchini or 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1⁄2 cup herbed croutons or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or heat grill to medium.
- Cut tomatoes in half, scoop out insides, reserving pulp and leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Rinse and chop pulp, setting aside.
- Lightly sprinkle shells with salt and lay upside down on paper towels to drain.
- Mix cheese, zucchini, croutons, basil, and pepper into pulp.
- Spoon into tomato shells.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in oven (until cheese is melted) or wrap in foil and grill about 10 minutes.