Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
i created this one myself.i make it with no fat except cooking spray for me. i'm dieting but either way it's good.
- 4 large tomatoes, tops cut off and seeded
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb sausage, browned with
- onion, and
- garlic, in
- olive oil
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 cup any cheese (i use parmasian)
- sprinkle cleaned and seeded tomatoes with salt and let sit while you prepare meat so the juices can drain upside down.
- spray baking pan with olive oil.
- pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- fill tomatoes with ground meat mixture half way.
- sprinkle with a little cheese and add potatoes.
- finish with cheese.
- i dont measure so dont worry about being exact.
Made this last mite and really enjoyed it. I wanted to cut down the fat so I used ground turkey instead of beef and did not use any cheese. You didn't say how long to bake so I baked for 10 minutes and then five minutes under the broiler to brown the top. I only made two and could only eat one. Today I had the second one for lunch......I ate it cold with lots of fresh ground pepper.....enjoyed this way also!