Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in an old set of cookbooks my mother had although I altered it a bit. This recipe is very tasty and refreshing for summer. I used 2% cottage cheese and light cream cheese which should lower the fat content.
- 6 ripe tomatoes, cored and seeded
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cucumber
- bacon bits
- Prepare the tomatoes.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and stuff tomatoes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
For some reason this recipe has no flavor. I think if I would of used a blue cheese, it would of given it some character. I like the concept, but execution is lacking.