Recipe by mammafishy
I used to love to get my dad's big ole juicy tomatoes out of his beautiful garden and make this recipe in the summertime. This is a nice recipe when you are having company, for something a little extra special.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 ounces grated colby cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or 1/4 c. Ranch Dressing and 1/4 c. mayonnaise)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) canned tuna (or can use chicken or shrimp)
- 4 medium tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tomatoes by first turning upside-down and cutting into 1/6's being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Gently pull the tomatoes apart to spread a little bit, so you can add the filling.
- Mix rest of the ingredients.
- Add 1/4 of the mixture to each of the tomatoes.
- Chill until ready to serve.