Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Greek Style Stuffed Tomato
- 1 kg ground premium mincemeat
- 1 onion
- 1 clove, glarlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon vegemite
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 250 ml concentrate tomato soup
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 12 large ripe tomatoes
- 4 large bell peppers
- Prepare the Tomato by scooping out the fleshy middle. Place the empty tomato in a deep baking dish.
- Chop the fleshy part of the tomato you have removed.
- Remove insides of Peppers.
- Place the peppers in the dish with the tomato.
- Heat Oil in a large heavy based pan.
- Sautee Onion and Garlic.
- Add Mince and cook till brown.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce, Mixed Herbs, Vegemite and Tomato Sauce.
- Add chopped Tomato Flesh and Rice.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fill the tomatoes.
- Cook in the oven at 160 for 1 hour.
- Cover with tin foil, Cook for a further 60 minutes at 180.
- Uncover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the tomatoes as the cooking times may vary.