Recipe by pines506
I made this for a Sunday School teacher appreciation breakfast a few years ago. It was definitely a hit. I prefer this over the fruit filled french toasts.
- 8 slices French bread, slices should be 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage, browned and drained
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese or 4 ounces swiss cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each slice of bread horizontally almost all the way through.
- Mix the sausage and cheese together.
- Spoon mixture into the bread pockets.
- Season the egg mix with salt and pepper.
- Carefully dip both sides of the pockets in the beaten egg and fry in a hot skillet until cheese is melted.
- Serve with warmed Maple syrup.