Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe from Kristina.
Make and share this Stuffed Tilapia With Crab Meat recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 (6 ounce) candrained and flaked crabmeat
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery rib
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- melted butter
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Mince the celery into fine pieces.
- Saute the onion and celery with butter in a frying pan until the vegetables are tender.
- Add parsley to the frying pan.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir in bread crumbs and crab meat, together with lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Grease a 9x13 inch oven pan.
- Spread the crab meat mixture over the tilapia fillets and roll them up.
- Place the stuffed tilapia in the greased dish, seam side down.
- Sprinkle melted butter and paprika powder over the stuffed tilapia.
- Place the stuffed tilapia in the oven and bake the tilapia rolls at 400°F.
- The baked tilapia is finished when it is easy to flake the fish with a fork, usually after 20-25 minutes.