Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I drive 3 surburbs across to buy these from my faviorite thai resturant.. i have finaly got the recipe... yummmmmm
- 8 chicken wings
- 120 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 30 g dried wood ear mushrooms
- 120 g ground pork
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- De-bone the chicken wings by cutting around the bone with a sharp knife. Holding the wingtip, gently ease the bone away to leave the skin and a thin layer of chicken.
- Soak the vermicelli in warm water for 10 minutes then drain thoroughly and cut into short strands.
- Soak the wood ear fungus in boiling water for 10 minutes then squeeze dry and chop into thin slices.
- Mix all other stuffing ingredients together. The mixture should be firm.
- Mold the stuffing into a ball and insert it into the bag of flesh and skin of the chicken wing.
- Steam the stuffed wings for 10-15 minutes.
- After steaming, place in a lightly oiled roasting pan and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce as a starter,with this dipping sauce:.
- Dipping Sausce Mix 3 tbsp thai sweet chilli sauce with grated garlic,grated ginger,lime zest and juice,brown sugar and a dash of fish sauce.
OMG.... So much work deboning whole wings. They were delicious.. but I'll never do it again. It's just too much work and too much mess!! Once I stuffed them (hard to do that)... I guess I stuffed them too much because they exploded a little when I steamed them.... then cooled them... then baked for 1/2 hour. I'll tell you... they were very good... but so much work. I'm posting pictures of the wings that I deboned... and then the finished product. I served them with a dipping sauce. These things are a treat.