Recipe by seesko
From Taste of Home Healthy. Everyone loves this one. One serving is three stuffed shells. A serving is about 360 calories. This has been one of those go to comfort recipes on my journey to lose weight. I have lost 50 pounds and don't feel deprived. Pair with a nice side salad for a meal that is sure to please and won't kill your waisteline.
- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle taco sauce, divided
- 3 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 20 baked Tostitos Scoops, coarsely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/2 cup taco sauce, cream cheese and chili powder; cook and stir until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese blend.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stuff each shell with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture. Arrange in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining taco sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese blend. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips.