1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Joey Jabaley's Note:
This is from a great book of authentic Lebanese recipes by Mary Salloum. Would highly recomend the book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using fresh Swiss Chard, place leaves in hot water for 10 minutes to soften for rolling (if the leaves are too large cut in half).
- 2Remove the ribs from the leaf.
- 3Set leaves aside.
- 4Drain chick peas.
- 5Combine the skinned chick peas, half of the lemon juice, and all other ingredients except Swiss Chard and water.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Place a tablespoon of the filling lengthwise on a leaf bringing the edges about 1/2 inch toward the centre and rolling as fingers.
- 8Arrange in saucepan, alternating the direction of each layer.
- 9Add the other 1/2 cup lemon juice and enought water to reach just below the level of the last row.
- 10Bring to boil, then cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes .
- 11All water should have evaporated.
- 12If not, remove lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- 13Place a plate over top of the pan and holding plate and pot securly together, turn upsidedown so all the rolls remain in the same mold on the plate as the pan.
- 14Serve with yogurt.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Swiss Chard
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.7
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 696.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g