Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a different way of preparing your sweet potatoes, and an interesting change from plain old baked potatoes. We love it.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- vegetable oil
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub potatoes with oil.
- Bake at 400*F for 1 hour.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut slice from top of each potato and carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Mash pulp until smooth.
- Add 1 cup brown sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla and 1/2 cup butter, mixing well.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Combine remaining 1 cup brown sugar, walnuts, flour and remaining 1/2 cup butter, mixing to form crumbs.
- Sprinkle on stuffed potatoes and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 350*F for 20 minutes.