Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Pefect for Thanksgiving Dinner. Found in Family Circle Magazine
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups pecans (toasted & chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 small sweet potatoes (with skins & scrubbed)
- Place potatoes on baking sheet, pierce potatoes in several places.
- Bake in 400 deg in oven for about 55 to 60 min's.
- In med.
- size bowl, stir together butter, and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in pecans,flour, and marshmallows until mixture forms loose crumbs.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- Cut a slash lengthwise in each one.
- Using oven mitts,carefully press ends of sweet potatoes to expose the centers.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Stuff marshmallow mixture into centers of potatoes.
- Return to oven.
- Bake at 400 deg in oven until stuffing is golden brown and melted, 5 to 7 minutes, taking care not to let marshmallows burn.
Very tasty! Received compliments from those who don't eat the sweet potatoes usually prepared. I prepared the potatoes earlier in the day and allowed them to cool a bit before stuffing and then placed them in the oven right before we sat down to eat on Thanksgiving.