Recipe by Mary in LA.
Pefect for Thanksgiving Dinner. Found in Family Circle Magazine
Top Review by sumaqu
Very tasty! Received compliments from those who don't eat the sweet potatoes usually prepared. I prepared the potatoes earlier in the day and allowed them to cool a bit before stuffing and then placed them in the oven right before we sat down to eat on Thanksgiving.
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups pecans (toasted & chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 small sweet potatoes (with skins & scrubbed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes on baking sheet, pierce potatoes in several places.
- Bake in 400 deg in oven for about 55 to 60 min's.
- In med.
- size bowl, stir together butter, and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in pecans,flour, and marshmallows until mixture forms loose crumbs.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- Cut a slash lengthwise in each one.
- Using oven mitts,carefully press ends of sweet potatoes to expose the centers.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Stuff marshmallow mixture into centers of potatoes.
- Return to oven.
- Bake at 400 deg in oven until stuffing is golden brown and melted, 5 to 7 minutes, taking care not to let marshmallows burn.