Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Thought this sounded interesting but haven't' tried them yet. Recipe source: Martha Stewart Living
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces kale, trimmed and sliced
- 4 ounces tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake sweet potatoes on prepared sheet for 1 hour or until tender but not completely cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle, but leave oven on.
- Cut of the top quarter of each sweet potato, discard. Scoop out inside and reserve flesh, leaving a 1/2 inch shell, set aside.
- Reserve half the flesh for another use, and chop remaining flesh, set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add next 5 ingredients (onion-red pepper flakes) and cook stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes. Stir in kale and cook stirring for 3-5 minutes or until kale is wilted. Stir in reserved chopped sweet potatoes, tofu and 1/4 cup water and cook for 1 minute or when heated through.
- Place sweet potato shells on baking sheet and spoon filling into shells. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
I made these using cooked spinach and kale with Parmesan cheese and I omitted the tofu, these were different but very good! thanks ellie!...Kitten