Recipe by janice brady
I like to make this any time of the year as it is something different and my family loves it, I always have to double the recipe though.
Top Review by Darkhunter
So simple a dish, but got raves from the guys. And one of the guys isn't that crazy for veggies, and I piled them on! I'll be making this again. Thnx for sharing your recipe, janice. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and pierced (about 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces reduced-fat jarlsberg cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes and pierce skins with fork.
- Place potatoes in microwave oven; cook in high for 8 minutes.
- In a microwave proof dish, place vegetables, margarine, salt and pepper.
- Cover, set aside.
- After potatoes have cooked for 4 of the 8 minutes, place vegetables in microwave oven, cooking on high for the remaining 4 minutes.
- Slit each of the potatoes open to form a pocket and place 1/2 of the vegetable mixture in each potato.
- Sprinkle each with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Microwave on high for 2 more minutes, until cheese is melted.