This Peruvian recipe comes from Recipes4us.co.uk. I've not tried it yet, but it reads like my kind of food!
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, gas mark 6.
- Prick the skins of the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, place on a baking tray (they will ooze a sticky syrup whilst cooking) and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, mix together the cream cheese, egg yolk, chilli powder, spring onions and seasoning in a bowl; towards the end of the cooking time, preheat the grill to hot.
- When baked, cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways and, keeping the skins intact, scoop the flesh from the sweet potatoes and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Stir all the ingredients together, then stuff the mixture back into the skins.
- Dot the tops with butter, sprinkle with extra chilli powder then brown potatoes under the hot grill; serve immediately.