1/1 Photo of Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Mrs B's Note:
This Peruvian recipe comes from Recipes4us.co.uk. I've not tried it yet, but it reads like my kind of food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, gas mark 6.
- 2Prick the skins of the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, place on a baking tray (they will ooze a sticky syrup whilst cooking) and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- 3While the potatoes are baking, mix together the cream cheese, egg yolk, chilli powder, spring onions and seasoning in a bowl; towards the end of the cooking time, preheat the grill to hot.
- 4When baked, cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways and, keeping the skins intact, scoop the flesh from the sweet potatoes and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- 5Stir all the ingredients together, then stuff the mixture back into the skins.
- 6Dot the tops with butter, sprinkle with extra chilli powder then brown potatoes under the hot grill; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g