- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 cups chicken broth (if using water add 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon) or 8 cups water (if using water add 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon)
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 large sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chili sauce
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons browning sauce (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain well and place in the stockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle boil.
- Ladle into prepared jars leaving a 1" headspace. Process pints for 75 minutes and quarts for 90 minutes at 10 lb pressure. Adjust pressure according to your altitude and / or style of canner.
- To serve: Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup cooked rice to each pint of soup and heat
- until warmed through.