Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is comfort food at its best!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large sweet peppers, halved vertically and seeded
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Coat a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg,diced onion, sage, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix together (it's easiest with your hands!).
- Fill each pepper half with an equal amount of turkey mixture. Place in a prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine marinara, tomatoes, garlic, and italian seasoning. Pour over peppers.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until sauce is bubbling, and peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.
Good dish. I did adjust the amounts to 2 peppers and I omitted the fresh tomatoes, as I used a can of diced. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
This is a great light dish!! We enjoyed the fact that it was made with ground turkey!! Next time I would add a bit of rice as I like the mix of meat and rice!! :)