Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a Spanish salad cookbook. The recipes use familiar ingredients in an unfamiliar way. The recipe calls for "wet cheese". I translated this to be cottage cheese, but you can use ricotta or farmers' cheese. Times do not include rice cooking time (hopefully you have leftover?)
- 8 small tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 8 tablespoons rice
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or less)
- Cook rice according to package directions and cool.
- Cut tops off tomatoes, core and remove seeds.
- Combine onion, cooked rice, cottage cheese, cream or milk, mayonnaise and salt. Stuff mixture into prepared tomato shells and serve.