Top Review by SewandXit
This was a big hit in our house. I changed it a bit, combining two recipes. I added some spices, cooked bacon and I used sharp cheddar to top it off. Delicious. With the bacon, we thought this summer squash dish could be eaten as a meal by itself.
Directions See How It's Made
- Depending on size of squash, allow 1/2 per person.
- Parboil whole squash in salted water until tender.
- Remove, slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out center of squash and place in bowl an equal amount of finely diced yellow cheese.
- Add a little cream or milk, salt & pepper lightly, and return to squash shell.
- Top with fine bread crumbs, dot with butter, and bake until cheese is melted.