Recipe by Sherrybeth
Another GREAT recipe from the Crescent City Market in New Orleans.
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Just the way a muffin should be, easy to make and delicious all at the same time. I used my homemade strawberry jam. Thanks for a new muffin recipe and congrats on the football pool win.
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- 12 strawberries, small, hulled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine milk, butter, and egg.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture and mix gently until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them not quite two-thirds full and reserving 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the batter to top the muffins.
- Put one teaspoon of jam and one small berry in each muffin, then spoon reserved batter on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack.