Recipe by susie cooks
My family always requests these muffins. Use any jam you like. I somethimes use this Raspberry peach champagne jam I bought at Sur La Table. This recipe makes 8 good size muffins.
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine milk, egg and butter.
- Gently stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased pans (reserving 1/2 cup for topping).
- Put 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam into each muffin.
- Spoon remaining batter on top of the jam and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins and cool on wire rack.