Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family always requests these muffins. Use any jam you like. I somethimes use this Raspberry peach champagne jam I bought at Sur La Table. This recipe makes 8 good size muffins.
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine milk, egg and butter.
- Gently stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased pans (reserving 1/2 cup for topping).
- Put 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam into each muffin.
- Spoon remaining batter on top of the jam and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins and cool on wire rack.
This was good. It made 6 extra large muffins. Next time I'll mix the jam throughout as others have suggested.
This turned out great. I added the jam to the mixture. I also added water to the mixture to make it wetter as I thought it was way too dry. Will make again. Thanks for posting.
I enjoyed making this...and will make again. I thought the batter needed a little more sugar, the bottom half of the muffin was not as sweet without the strawberry. I did make a few changes - 1. I added a little vanilla, 2. I added a little cream cheese mixture to the jam (4 oz. softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar). Again I liked these, I just wish the cream cheese and jam mixture was more mixed into the entire muffin. I'm going to try and swirl it more next time, and maybe try with other jams too! Thanks for the post!