Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cute little dessert or appetizer from Shape magazine (August 2006).
- 24 large strawberries
- 113.39 g light cream cheese
- 29.58 ml confectioners' sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish) (optional)
- Slice off the stem end of each strawberry. Use a knife to scoop out a little bit of each berry to make a hole in the center. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Fill each strawberry with the mixture, mounding a bit of the mixture on the top of the strawberry.
- Garnish with mint and serve.
Fabulous little treats! I used a narrow potato/veggie peeler to hollow out the strawberries and then piped the filling in using a zip-top bag. Both of these tricks helped to make the job easier. It still took a bit of time, but the ooh and ahh results were worth every minute. I made these for a school retirement party and every berry was spoken for. Thanks Vino Girl!
These are so wonderful:) great for summertime as they are so much lighter than regular cheesecake and finger food too:)great for any occasion, always well received:) thanks-PeggyLynn
Easy, tasty and impressive. Thank-you for this recipe. I'll be making these a lot in the future.