Recipe by Vino Girl
Cute little dessert or appetizer from Shape magazine (August 2006).
Top Review by DuChick
Fabulous little treats! I used a narrow potato/veggie peeler to hollow out the strawberries and then piped the filling in using a zip-top bag. Both of these tricks helped to make the job easier. It still took a bit of time, but the ooh and ahh results were worth every minute. I made these for a school retirement party and every berry was spoken for. Thanks Vino Girl!
- 24 large strawberries
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice off the stem end of each strawberry. Use a knife to scoop out a little bit of each berry to make a hole in the center. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Fill each strawberry with the mixture, mounding a bit of the mixture on the top of the strawberry.
- Garnish with mint and serve.