Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
a nice appetizer, mid breakfast , or dessert
- 20 large strawberries, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Dice 2 stawberries, and set aside.
- Cut a thin slice from each stem from each remaining strawberry forming a base.
- Cut each strawberry into 4 wedges, point to base, but not through the base.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed until fluffy.
- Stir in diced berries, nuts, and spendla.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon mixture into each berry.
These little treats are delicious! Better than your normal filled strawberries because of the chopped nuts adding a nice little crunch. Made the recipe as directed (using chopped pecans for the walnuts), (mixing the filling with a hand held immulsion blender) but filled the strawberries a bit different since we had super large berries. I cut the stems and used a potato peeler and scooped out the cores. I then filled a plastic sandwich bag with the filling and cut a tip of the bag, then piped the filling into the strawberries, ending with a pecan peice atop for presentation. Thanks for sharing a keeper recipe!