Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a little different from the others that are posted. My friend made these for Valentine's Day last year and they were such a big hit, I thought I would share. She has also made them for wedding receptions, baby and bridal showers and summer picnics. ***NOTE--they do need to be kept cool until ready to serve.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄4 cup colored crystal sugar (red or pink)
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side.
- Make one cut 2/3 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and Amaretto until smooth.
- Using a piping bag with a star tip, pipe a small amount of the mixture into each strawberry. Once the strawberries are all filled, lightly sprinkle them with the colored sugar before serving.
- These look lovely on a crystal or silver serving tray. ****NOTE****keep cool until ready to serve.