Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my wife's favorites.
Make and share this Stuffed Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove from the pan, when cool, crumble the bacon and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over high heat.
- Add the garlic and the onions, and sautee until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the feta cheese, crumbled bacon, and the sauteed onion and garlic.
- Mix well, and set aside.
- Season each steak with salt and pepper.
- Carefully cut a pocket in 1 side of each steak.
- Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each steak with 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- Broil or grill the steaks on high, for about 5-6 minutes per side for 1 inch thick steaks, 7-9 minutes per side if using 1 1/2 inch thick steaks, turning them over once during cooking.
- Remove the steaks from the heat, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and serve.
This was fantastic. I made it almost as is, except I used garlic and herb seasoned crumbled feta and added 1 more slice of bacon ('Cause I love bacon). I also managed to stuff all this in 3 ribeyes, not four, as there were only three of us, but they were massive steaks. Excellent recipe, thanks for posting it.
I used crumbled Blue Cheese , I used Kraft crumbled cheddar for my wife both came out exceptionaly good.It all depends on the kind of cheese you like , just make sure it's crumbled it stays togeether better while cooking..yum yum
I used crumbled "cabot sharp cheddar" cheese instead of the feta and it came out very well. Excelent recipe. Thanks!